On August 31, under the witness of Chinese President Xi Jinping and President of Tajikistan Emomali Rakhmon, the MOU on IPR Cooperation between governments of PRC and Republic of Tajikistan was officially signed in Beijing. On behalf of both sides’ governments, Shen Changyu, Commissioner of State Intellectual Property Office of China and Sharif Rahimzoda, Minister of Economic Development and Trade of Tajikistan undersigned the cooperation MOU.
The MOU states that both sides reaffirm their commitments made in accordance with the IPR international treaties they have joined and their domestic IPR laws and regulations, and will carry out cooperation in the following aspects:
- strengthen high-level dialogue;
- strengthen cooperation on patent examination and authorization;
- enhance exchanges and cooperation in IPR creation, utilization, protection and management;
- strengthen IPR cultural transmission;
- strengthen exchanges and cooperation on professional IPR training;
- strengthen exchanges and cooperation on patent automation system and literature/data exchange;
- intensify IPR cooperation under the “Belt and Road” cooperation framework;
- exchanges views on major issues of international IPR system discussed by WIPO and other international organizations; and
- conduct other cooperation agreed upon by both sides.